Tuesday, February 12, 2013

On Mission with your Faith Community


We’ve seen that a missional lifestyle involves our family being on mission together.  It also includes our own personal mission.   A third way to live on mission is with our faith community.   Since our church is like a “second family”, we love each other and want to share God’s love with those who don’t know Him.  We call it “serving others with others”.  There are so many ways we can do this…by serving at church, in the local community, or perhaps going abroad to bring tangible help, as well as God’s message, to the needy.  A good way to start is by serving those who are right there at your church; or by joining your church in ways they are already serving the world around them.  Find a way to get involved with your brothers and sisters in Christ, together, serving your community.

One of the many ways the Mosaic community extends God’s love is by going to Ensenada, Mexico.  One year, my husband, Dave, went with the Artisan ministry to paint a mural.  He took one of our daughters with him.  She loved it!  She not only got to use her artistic gifts to leave an indelible and beautiful mark in Ensenada, but she made some friendships on the team that she still has to this day, 10 years later, because the team worked and played together, sharing Jesus with their art.  It was a bonding experience.

My favorite day of the week is Sunday!  I look forward to meeting up with my church family and together sharing God’s love with those who are searching for him.  Our time on this earth is short...let’s bring as many as we can into God’s family!

 “In the same way that you gave me a mission in the world, I give them a mission in the world...I'm praying not only for them but also for those who will believe in me because of them and their witness about me. The goal is for all of them to become one heart and mind—just as you, Father, are in me and I in you, so they might be one heart and mind with us.  Then the world might believe that you, in fact, sent me.”    John 17:18, 20-22 (The Message)  

No comments:

Post a Comment