Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Wonderful Counselor


One of my favorite scriptures about Christmas is Isaiah 9:6 -- “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders.  And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”

I LOVE that Jesus is our Counselor!  Not only that, but he is a Wonderful (magnificent, superb, breathtaking, amazing, astonishing, exceedingly pleasing) Counselor.  Imagine...going to a counselor like that!  His counsel is completely true, personally tailored, always hopeful, cocooned in love, life-giving and energetic!  As moms, we are in daily need of wise counsel for our children...and ourselves.

When situations arise where we don’t know what to do, what to say, how to give direction or respond, Jesus has words of wisdom.  I remember countless times that I have been befuddled, confused, frustrated or at my wits end.  During those times, I turned to Jesus, my "Wonderful Counselor".  He knew exactly what my child needed, and what I needed.  And he does for you, too. 

He’s listening.  He understands.  His counsel is perfect.

(Additional scriptures: Isaiah 28:29b & Romans 11:33-36)

No comments:

Post a Comment